Thank you for your interest in supporting our students. We are glad to have you as part of our team. Please read the APS policy for volunteering. You will apply from this APS policy page.
There are many ways to assist our students and staff in their learning process - at the school site, for field trips, and donating materials are just a few ways.
After you've completed your APS background check, and your approval is on file with our office, please fill out our Google form by clicking on the "Contribute" button below.
Steps for Background Clearance through APS:
While encouraging parent participation, we must also consider the safety of every child in the district by requiring a background check from volunteers before participating in any volunteer activity at any APS school.
- APS background checks are valid for two years.
- After completing and submitting the Volunteer Application, the background check may take 5 to 10 business days to process. Clearance decisions may take longer if any instances appear in the background check.
- You must complete the Background Check Payment section in the Volunteer Application before you can submit your application and begin the background clearance process.
- Cost $44 > Unsupervised background check. Don't need to be in eye sight of an APS employee. (SASM prefers this background check.)
- To complete your pre-employment background check, you'll need to get fingerprinted at our City Center office. To be fingerprinted, bring a valid photo ID and $44. The $44 must be made payable to Gemalto by Cashier Check, Money Order or Credit/Debit Card.
You must email me the following information so that I can grant you permission to be an unsupervised visitor:
- Volunteer name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Street address
- Last 4 digits of social security number
Don't hesitate to contact us with any ideas, possibilities, or opportunities!
- San Antonito STEM Magnet
Phone: (505) 281-3931